Alumni Association Membership Annual Dues: $25.00 *
* based on a calendar year
Alumni Member Discounts
- Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club Membership (Discount)
- $15.00 discount off of Active Member rate of $45.00. One time offer for the Spring 2000 to Fall 2014 classes. Future classes will only be applicable for the discount within the year of graduation from the KEMI program. Applicable to new KTFMC members only.
- Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (Discount)
- 25% discount on Ownership Seminars, Pedigree & Conformation Clinics, and Breeding Clinics. Discount is available to the first two KEMI alumni who register for an event.
- Kentucky Equine Education Project Membership (Discount)
- $5.00 discount off of Calvary (Individual) membership rate of $15.00.
- The Racing Officials Accreditation Program (Discount)
- 10% off all educational courses and materials.
Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club Membership (KTFMC)
- The KTFMC offers monthly meetings where farm managers gather to develop friendships and network to learn about the Thoroughbred business both from a husbandry aspect and a business standpoint. Meetings are a valuable way for managers of different farms to discuss common problems.
- Membership Includes:
- NTRA Advantage – Significant savings on nationally known products such as: John Deere, Sherwin-Williams, OfficeMax, UPS, and Valvoline.
- Kentucky Horse Council – Free Membership.
- KTFMC awards and contests.
- Networking opportunities in the horse industry.
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (TOBA)
- TOBA is based in Lexington, Kentucky and was formed in 1961 as a national trade organization for Thoroughbred owners and breeders. TOBA’s mission is to improve the economics, integrity and pleasure of the sport on behalf of Thoroughbred owners and breeders.
- TOBA offers clinics and seminars, enhancing owner and breeder experiences through programs such as the:
- Sales Integrity Program.
- American Graded Stakes Committee and Claiming Crown make TOBA the voice of Thoroughbred owners and breeders.
- TOBA co‐manages Thoroughbred Ownerview with the Jockey Club.
- Thoroughbred Charities of America is the charitable arm of TOBA.
- TOBA is also represented on the Board of Directors of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association as a founding member and on the American Horse Council.
- The Blood‐Horse is a publication of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.
Kentucky Equine Education Project Membership (KEEP)
- KEEP is a broad-based coalition representing all horses. Their mission is to increase awareness of the benefits of Kentucky’s horse economy and to promote and preserve jobs and economic opportunities within the equine industry for Kentuckians throughout the Commonwealth.
- Membership Includes:
- Free admission to any of Kentucky’s Pari-mutuel Race Tracks (except KY Derby, KY Oaks and special events at all venues.
- Buy one get one free admission to the Kentucky Horse Park.
- 10% discount at the Horse Park gift shop.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program (ROAP)
- ROAP is a 501©6 organization whose goal is to accredit and provide continuing education to all racing officials, stewards and judges in the horse racing industry in all three disciplines Flat, Harness, and Steeplechase. ROAP provides two main types of courses: an entry level racing officials certificate and a full accreditation school for aspiring stewards and judges. The Certificate Course is held regionally at a racetrack and the Accreditation Schools are held annually and hosted by the University of Arizona, University of Louisville, or the United States Trotting Association.
- Current distribution of employment opportunities
- Bi-Annual KEMI newsletter and press releases
- Availability to purchase Alumni apparel and accessories
- KEMI Alumni Association dues are tax deductible